Thursday, June 10, 2010

God is GOOD!!!

Sometimes God just floors me.  Today was one of those days.  Just three days ago I was given a boost that I thought would have to last me for quite some time.  As it turns out, it was just the start of what has turned out to be a pretty amazing week!  We were super busy at work today and by the time I got home, I was exhausted.  I checked email and decided to take a nap.  I debated taking the phone with me, but decided that would just be too much to expect in one week.  I snoozed for just a few minutes.  I woke up and saw the voicemail light blinking on the phone.  I checked caller ID and my heart started racing - and I do mean RACING - when I saw that it was from CHI.  I started shaking as I listened to the message.  It gave away nothing.  I have told Jessica that she cannot call me unless it is with a referral.  My heart just can't handle that.  I called her right back (well, as soon as I stopped shaking enough to dial the number) and she said and I quote, "The time has come!"  Then I proceeded to shout in her ear.  Then she heard boys shouting in her ear because they picked up on the very subtle signal from their mother that good news was forthcoming!  After blabbering on about just not being able to believe it, I tried to comprehend what she was telling me.  Our referral should be coming in the next few days.  Now, you may remember we had this same blog conversation back on, oh, March 13th.  I'm pretty sure this time, though, it is the real deal.  We were just practicing before and I apparently needed to learn some serious lessons on patience in the meantime.  I know that God has a plan and that His timing is perfect.  I think I knew that in March, too, but I have a deeper understanding of what that really means.  I am so unbelievably thankful for this answer to prayer - so many have been praying along with us.  God is good.  I am also so happy for the families who have been in the same boat as us -we are all rejoicing in the great things God has done tonight!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! So does this mean MOWA is writing the letters now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could just cry! SO happy for you :) PLEASE keep me posted! Continued prayer for your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaaaay! :D Oh my goodness! I am grinning ear to ear right now! I am so happy for you guys and for your sweet baby girl!

    ReplyDelete