Tuesday, June 29, 2010

He's got this

Isaiah 46: 10 I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.

The past few days have been really difficult and I have been fighting against worry concerning our adoption.  I want so badly to have a court date before the court closures, but with each passing day, that seems less and less possible.  I shared my concerns with Becky at YWAM yesterday and she gave me a great perspective:  God knows - and has known all along - when our court date would be.  Nothing can stand in the way of what He has set in motion.  No amount of worry on my part is going to change anything.  I have to trust that He's got this.  And He does.  I also know that He has a plan for our travel.  I certainly don't see it right now, but He knew before we ever started this journey that we would be traveling to Ethiopia twice.  We didn't anticipate that and are now feeling a bit of a pinch.  I am a planner (and a worrier - just keeping it real) by nature.  This is another area where I can do nothing except trust Him to provide.  I am honestly tired.  Worn out.  Spent.  Why?  Because I have tried and tried to do things in my own strength and, as it turns out, it just doesn't work.  Yet again, I lay my burdens at the feet of my Maker and thank Him again for loving me in spite of my weaknesses. 

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer, you are not alone. I think we are all in the same boat. But our God is in control - and what peace we have! Blessings my sister.
    kameron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps. 67:1-2 "May God be gracious to us and bless us and make his face shine upon us that your ways may be known on earth, your salvation among all nations."

    ReplyDelete