Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Amazing what a little prayer and reflection will do...

I was SO discouraged last night.  I will not lie - there was weeping and whining on my part.  I woke up at the crack of dawn this morning and things looked a little better.  I found the following verse in my inbox (thank you Melissa):

Psalm 18:30 As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him.

As it turns out, I am in need of a little refuge right now.  And rest. 

Psalm 62:1 My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. 2 He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.

I believe I shall just leave it in His hands.  Again.  I am choosing to let go of my expectations - there is far less disappointment that way.  Adoption is a truly complex process.  Ultimately, it is all about the child.  However, it is impossible for me (and I would guess pretty much every other adoptive parent) not to become emotionally invested.  When we began this process, I intended to guard my heart.  Once baby S entered the picture, however, it became impossible for me to do that.  She is my daughter.  My heart knew that back in January.  We were matched with her in March.  On June 14, we accepted her referral.  The only things standing in the way now are her birth certificate and the court's approval.  I know that God will see us through.

James 1:2-4  Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

1 comment:

  1. What an appropriate "reminder" verse. Thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete