I am getting our birthday package for baby S ready to send with my friends who leave for Ethiopia this weekend. Included is a little outfit, a doll, and blanket. Those things are visible. What isn't visible are the tears that this mama has cried that have fallen on that blanket and dolly. I am having a teeny tiny bit of a hard time coming to terms with the fact that we won't see her for at least three more months and then our contact will be quite minimal. Then I am going to have to leave her there for another two months while we wait for the embassy to do their thing. It stinks. It really really stinks. I have heard many times that adoption is not for the faint of heart. Well, I'm afraid my heart is feeling faint right about now. I simply don't understand why it has been so hard. I'm going to stop now. I know that there are families who have waited MUCH longer than we have to bring their little ones home. I don't understand that, either. I do know that God is in control. I have asked Him simply to help me endure what is turning out to be one of the hardest times I have ever gone through in my life.
James 1:3 For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow.
Mary
6 months ago

Here is the verse posted by my computer that I got at a women's event inside a coffee mug: "Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand." Isa. 41:10 NLT
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you get to send her a birthday gift! That is wonderful! I hope you will get many pics back to help you endure until you can be together as a family. This is really a test of patience and endurance, isn't it?
Adoption is most definitely not for the faint of heart. I still hurt and cry daily over the waiting we are enduring.
ReplyDeleteWriting down Isa. 41:10 to memorize now... great verse!
So hard, Jennifer...God IS in control and is capable of all things. Lean into Him and He will give you the strength...praying for you!
ReplyDeleteHabakkuk 2:3
"But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently, for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed."
Oh Jennifer, please know I am praying so hard and sincerely for you to get a court date before closure, and that the court date is early October (and for us to travel together to see our babies!). I can't wait to celebrate good news with you. Grateful to have 'met' you my friend!
ReplyDeleteI have Hab. 2:3 on our fridge too! Look it up in The Message version.
ReplyDeleteYou know what... I love you! I am so glad God saw fit that we "meet"...Praying and crying and pleading and believing with you my dear sweet friend.
ReplyDeleteYou girls are the BEST! Thank you for the encouraging words and verses. They mean a LOT! I am so thankful for the support of other mamas with a heart for adoption and an understanding of the process and all that it requires. Jenn- I am praying for you. That is not easy. Wendy, Kameron, and Jennifer: I'm praying for our court dates and that we will be together in ET - sooner than we think possible! Babes - praying for safe travels for you and a smooth adjustment for Aaron. Kathy - I'm praying for you as you wait for your babies!
ReplyDeleteHey Jennifer!
ReplyDeleteKnow you are being lifted up in prayer by many!! I KNOW it is hard!! Our Ethiopian adoption went very quickly but our China adoption ended up being about 1 year longer than initially expected. It is so very hard to wait and be patient when your heart is longing to have your daughter home. Just lavish that love on your boys now. Will be praying for quick court dates!! We have friends here(another YWAM family)waiting to bring 2 little ones home. These will be their first children and they are oh so ready to be parents! So we are praying for all of you waiting families and your precious children!!! Hang in there!!! May God hold you up with HIS righteous right hand!!!
I like Hab 2:3 from the Amplified: "It will not be behindhand on its appointed day."
ReplyDeleteHow many times have I wished I could just hop on a plane and hold her for a few hours or days?! Wish we could all go together, but it's not practical. Until the appointed day, may we be filled with gracious hope.