Saturday, July 31, 2010

Right on time...

My friend Kathy shared a verse with me a few days ago and I have been mulling it over ever since.

Habakkuk 2:3  But these things I plan won't happen right away.  Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled.  If it seems slow, do not despair, for these things will surely come to pass.  Just be patient!  They will not be overdue a single day!

Alas, nothing can thwart God's plan.  Sometimes it takes longer (much longer!) than we would like it to, but His plan remains.  It will unfold just as He intended from the start.  That is where I am trying so hard to stay.  Today my thoughts strayed a few times and I felt that old familiar angst rise up again, but I squashed it!  I am just refusing to go there.  I know that many have prayed for my fragile state this week and I am so very thankful for that.  I have truly sensed a peace just fill my soul and I cannot tell you how welcome that is.  I also have to say that I am well aware that this situation is NOTHING compared with what many people face on a daily basis.  My recent attitude adjustment came in part after reading this:  http://www.jodyferlaak.blogspot.com/
I have followed Jody's blog for several years.  You can read the story of what happened to her family here:  http://www.bethel.edu/publications/focus/past-issues/spring-2003/teagan
Every day, she must face the heartache of losing her daughter.  That will NEVER go away.  And I am complaining about it taking longer than I would like to bring our daughter home?  That is just wrong and I see that clearly now.  It doesn't make me want her home any less, but it does help me to keep it in perspective.

1 comment:

  1. Jennifer, I hope we get to meet one day soon! Your heart to do right, your heart for God, is beautiful. Thanks for sharing your struggles and victories.

    ReplyDelete