Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Joy rediscovered

It is no secret that I have found myself in what I can best describe as "a funk" for a while.  I have anazlyzed it 15 different ways and while I thought that the cause was my frustration over no movement on our adoption, I realized that it went much deeper than that.  As I'm sure it is abundantly clear, I process things out in the open.  Sharing my thoughts and feelings is therapeutic for me - hence the blog.  Someone asked me last week what the real issue is because there are several things going on in my world right now that aren't exactly working out the way I would like them to.  When I really thought about it, my answer was, "I have lost my joy."  My husband has asked me several times in the last few weeks, "Why the sad face?"  Whatever is going on inside of me is obvious on my face.  Even when I want to hide my feelings, I really can't.  At times that can be very unfortunate.  Nonetheless, I have really been working to get past this funky phase that I've been in.  I have asked God to give me His strength and His peace.  He has shown His faithfulness once again.   

Nehemiah 8:10 ...for the joy of the Lord is your strength.

1 Peter 1: 8 Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, 9 for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

3 comments:

  1. While reading this, a portion of the Darrell Evans song "Trading My Sorrows" popped into my head.

    I'm pressed but not crushed
    persecuted not abandoned
    Struck down but not destroyed
    I'm blessed beyond the curse
    for His promise will endure
    And His joy's gonna be my strength

    Though the sorrow may last for the night
    His joy comes with the morning

    And we say yes Lord, yes Lord, yes yes Lord
    Yes Lord, yes Lord, yes yes Lord
    We say yes Lord, yes Lord, yes yes Lord
    Amen!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's good! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete