Our church is collecting formula for us to take to Ethiopia when we travel. We hauled a couple of suitcases to church this morning to place in the foyer for any donations that come in. One sweet lady gave me some money after church to buy formula and I was so moved. She just went on a mission trip to Haiti a few weeks ago and definitely understands the need. I love to see the work that God is doing in His people on behalf of the fatherless.
It has been really neat to watch the improvement in children on YWAM's waiting child list. There was one little boy who was so tiny and malnourished when he was brought into care and he is now a chubby, healthy little guy. The formula that we donate now can literally make a difference for these babies for the rest of their lives. I am so thankful that our baby girl has had the benefit of formula and vitamins to get her off to a good start. I want to be able to help provide that same good start for other babies. One good thing about traveling to Ethiopia twice is that we can take more formula in two trips!!
FYI in case you are planning to donate - I picked up a couple of cans of Up and Up formula from Target today and it was WAY cheaper than Enfamil or Similac. I compared the list of ingredients, nutrients, and vitamins on the Up and Up to a can of Enfamil and they are almost identical.
Mary
8 months ago

haha, I just bought Up and Up for you too!!! Great minds think alike.
ReplyDeleteJennifer -
ReplyDeleteThank you SO much for your church's involvement with sending formula. You are so awesome! I just wanted to add to be sure it's not soy-based formula - there has been a bad reaction to that in our nurseries. Thanks to all who are helping these babies!!