Friday, July 16, 2010

Blankets and Birthdays

My project for today: 

This is the softest blanket EVER and is just waiting for a sweet little baby girl to snuggle with it!  Since I don't really sew, this was the next best thing.


I am also on a mission to get a birthday present to our girl.  We have friends who are travelling in early August to pick up their children.  They will be able to get the package to Addis Ababa, but we haven't quite figured out the logistics of getting it to baby S's orphanage.  Hopefully we can figure something out.  I hope she likes it!



My wish back in March was to have her home by her birthday.  When that didn't seem possible, I thought we would probably be able to go for court and at least see her by her birthday.  Since that isn't looking likely, I am just hoping we can find some way to send a little something from us to her.  I know that she won't understand the significance, but birthdays are a big deal around here.  Someday I want her to be able to look back and see that she was celebrated even though she wasn't able to be here on her special day.  I am going to go cry now.  Just keeping it real.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful gifts. Cuddly blankie. Adorable doll. Lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day this girl will know how loved and treasured she is...until then God has His arms around her, loving her. Praying for you and your sweet girl!

    PS - darling package...love the gifts (and she will too!)

    ReplyDelete